1. Create an environment that promotes a great night’s sleep. Make the bed super comfy by adding a thick duvet and lots of fluffy pillows. High thread-count, 100 percent cotton sheets are also a must.
2. Stock the guest room with magazines and books, and put together a snack tray or basket filled with light snacks and bottled water.
3. Lay out bathrobes and place rolled bath towels at the foot of the bed in case your guests would like to freshen up upon arrival.
4. Hang a small mirror in the guest room to provide a spot for touching up makeup or putting on jewelry. A long dressing mirror is also a nice addition.
5. If your overnight guests are family or close friends, it’s always a nice touch to display photos of time spent together in the past; everyone enjoys a trip down memory lane.
Sourced from HGTV.com